Outsized | Chocolate & Almond Shortbread

It is so sunny already! I'm beginning my usual intense few-month-long bout of complaining and whining about how scared I am of the sun, how it's too hot, how I'm going to get burned, et cetera. Not exactly my favorite time of year… I always have to find ways of maximum skin-coverage while still remaining cool. I envy those who can wear skimpiness in summer. I get sunburnt through tights if I don't wear sunscreen underneath... Find this on LB HERE.



More photos and recipe after the jump!







These are some seriously delicious cookies - you'll have to hide them, they last less than a day! (In fact, everything I bake usually lasts less than a day unless I hide it somewhere. My sister told me it was my own fault, and that I should make things less tasty and then they won't get eaten. Faultless logic.) They are also my boyfriend's favourite cookies, he gets excessively gleeful when I surprise him with a box - which also lasts just a few hours…
The cornstarch adds a really nice crunchy and chewy texture to the shortbread. If you want softer cookies, just replace it with another flour.

GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE & ALMOND SHORTBREAD
100g gluten-free flour mix (I like a half-half of tritamyl and rice for cookies)
30g cornflour
30g unsweetened good-quality chocolate powder (I use French, but Dutch is great also)
115g salted butter (I like the taste salted butter gives, if you use/prefer plain add in 1/4 tsp salt)
100g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg yolk
50g flaked almonds

Preheat your oven to 180 celcius. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla, combine well, then add in the dry ingredients one by one until a dough just starts forming (it will be very sticky.)
Press the dough into a circular pan (preferably with a removable base) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or so, unless it's still just slightly soft to the touch. Meanwhile, spread the almonds evenly on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a bit of sugar. Toast the flaked almonds under a mid-heat grill under they just start to brown. When the cookies are done, press the almond onto the outer inch or so of the circle. Wait for the cookies to cool, then cut into 12 equal wedges.

33 comments

  1. beautiful bag!! That cake look so good yum:)

    maja-vonava.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a sun sentisitive skin? What a pity.I like sunny days, but still, I don`t like to tan...
    Your cooking seams so good, I`ll have to try those some day (not that I am a culinary master).
    Have a great day !
    x,Julia

    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey darling found your blog off of lookbook. love it now following.
    hope you'll take a look at mine and follow if you'd like

    love m.
    acupofm.blogspot.com
    keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful outfit!! really beautiful :)

    www.fashion-martini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jumper is gorgeus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing hair and make up! <3 Love your maxi sweater! So lovely you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have such stunning features! ~Love the outfit. The oversized sweater is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want such legs too!! :D you are so lovely

    http://mischeldoublew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spoke too soon, it's raining atm in London :-(

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great casual look - your fear of the sun is strange to read amongst the deafening sounds of the UK rejoicing at the hot weather!

    those cookies look delish :)

    http://noireetmince.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the slouchyness
    so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your oversized sweater!!
    yummy..those cookies look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great outfit *-*
    love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looove oversized sweaters! those cookies lok delish!
    xx
    Hot Pink Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaaa that looks amaazing!! im trying them tomorrow! hope theyll be as successful as yours :) love your makeup, goes with outfit perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love over-sized sweaters both with leggings, and with shorts. White looks great on you. I think it's a redhead thing. I've been told white looks good with my fair skin and red hair.

    You look stunning and like a perfect porcelain doll, per usual.

    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  17. love it!


    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're like the perfect wife. If I was a boy I'd marry you.


    x
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks really cool! I love how you did your hair and the jumper looks really cute :)
    I can't wait to try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely look + watching you :)
    xoxo

    http://sasanja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can totally relate with getting sunburns every summer.I can not leave the house without my spf 40 :P You have a very nice blog and I'd love it if you liked to follow each other.Let me know:)
    Dora

    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. receitas maravilhosas e luz para meus olhos linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm exactly the same, no tan...just freckles and turning pink. Summer & I don't mix too well :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. your hairs are so crazy. love that!

    http://31-85.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it
    I'm your follower. :=)
    Your blog is amazing!!!!
    I hope you will follow me www.welovefur.blogspot.com
    with love

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your shoes are amazing .
    And the recipt sounds dellicous:D

    Greets

    ...alkai...

    ReplyDelete
  27. you look great! i love your sweater

    ReplyDelete
  28. great sweater, I love your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Not only are you beautiful and soo stylish, you have a sweet tooth and share your baking adventures as well? I think I love you now :)

    ReplyDelete