☀ | Gluten-free Cardamom & White Chocolate Shortbread

I was roped into the ASOS sale last night due to insomnia and the promise of The Quintessential Black Jumper. I have a few items which I will endlessly and tirelessly search for, forever looking for the 'perfect' item - I have a few ideas of what elements this item should contain, unfortunately some contradict each other, leaving me hanging.

Either way, a new candidate for The Quintessential Black Jumper has been brought to the plate, and I am eagerly waiting it's arrival. I put it down to my mother for my never-ending searching, as for as long as I can remember she has been searching for the Perfect Pair of Jeans, which are ever-elusive. (She has the Scandinavian body-type of one's legs taking up two-thirds of the height - which my sister has inherited, however these genetics sadly passed me by.)

How I dress is heavily influenced by her, she always looks so chic - it's a bit unfortunate though when we go out together and are wearing near-carbon-copies of each other's outfits. Robbing from one another's closets is also a must, she liberated a cardigan off me this morning, whereas yesterday I liberated a cable-knit sweater.

(You can find this on LB HERE.)








I fear however that if I do find The Quintessential Black Jumper, I will have to buy two - I used to become excessively attached to various items of clothing and would wear them nearly every day until they were exiled from my closet by my family or they fell to pieces. I exercise restraint nowadays for the sake of my clothes. A few loves have included a pair of home-altered skinny-skinny jeans when I was 11 (worn until they fell apart) a black long zip-up cardigan when I was 13 (worn until it became pilled and disgraceful beyond belief) a haggard and ripped denim skirt that was the bane of my mother's existence when I was 15 (many exclamations of relief were uttered when it was eventually banished) and oddly, a pair of navy jodhpurs - yes, the horse-riding trousers - when I was 8 (worn until I ripped the knee, sewn up once more, worn then again until they ripped once more - roughly the space of a year). I am not entirely sure why I become so attached to certain items of clothing, I suppose it's like a comfort blanket. You know exactly how to function in it, movement is second-nature, it molds to your body - and then it falls to pieces because you insist on wearing it every single day.

Boyfriend's reaction to these - 'I didn't think it was possible to adore you even more, but apparently it is.' They're some good'uns indeed.



Cardamom & White Chocolate Shortbread
1/2 cup of butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup of flour
2 tsp finely ground cardamom
1 tsp vanilla
150g good quality white chocolate

Pre-heat the oven to 165 celcius. Cream the butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy, roughly 2-3 minutes. Add the egg yolk, cardamom and vanilla, and combine thoroughly. Pour in the flour in increments and blend until just combined. Roll the dough into a log about 1 1/2" in diameter, cover in tinfoil or baking parchment, and leave in the fridge for about an hour.
Slice the cookies into 1/2" widths and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Wait for the cookies to cool completely, then melt the white chocolate and dip each cookie half-way through. Lie on parchment paper and leave to set. Enjoy!

33 comments

  1. Great outfit - love the scarf!

    polkadotsandpinafores.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! U looks pretty like alaways! Oh gosh I can't find any words to discrip how much I LOVE your blog! :)
    XX,
    _________________________
    CHRISTINAKEY.BLOGSPOT.COM
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so pretty, love this outfit!
    &thanks for sharing this recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit!
    Love your blog, following you!
    Hope you'll follow back;)

    littlefashiontheories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. brb, have to make those cookies immediately

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit!! I love your make-up :-)

    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  7. u have a brilliant style..lov ur blog..i follow u..
    if u want.go to see my blog deerandpigeon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL. (always adore your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. cool blog you have here :)
    I am follow you now, do you want to follow my blog?

    - and there is a give away on my blog, check it out here, please.

    http://peacefulltigerblood.blogspot.com/p/give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. your make up is divine, and I wish my mum had such a cool wardrobe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great!
    You've got AMAZING style! <3

    x
    ww.alisson-jay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So ADORABLE! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ur so skinny! But love the outfit :)

    x http://ohmycocorico.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love you! you are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you are stunning. I love this outfit, especially the amazing scarf.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you are stunning. I love this outfit, especially the amazing scarf.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous! I love the knits :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're incredible.
    i love your makeup!


    blog
    twitter
    zebra and meerkat shop

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always look so effortlessly stylish! I love the pretty scarf here! And the shortbread looks so yummy, I've been planning to bake some myself but didn't have the time for it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, you're so thin and you've got fantastic hair's colour. :)

    I love your boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like your style and your blog!! :) if you want follow me and I will do the same!
    http://freakyfriday.sabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. i wish we were neighbors so you could do my makeup/teach me your makeup skillz and bake together.

    /dayna

    ReplyDelete
  23. i absolutely adore your blog! (:

    rena.

    stop by sometime?

    http://themoonchildco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. cute
    http://mrsjuliajulia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your style! Great pictures, you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello!i follow you!great blog!can you follow me?thanks!http://thestyle-guide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. heey!!! you have AN AMAZING BLOG!!!
    i this iuts one of my favourites now...
    gland to follow tyou ;)
    ir beutifull
    http://thefourthcornerofstephanie.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. really liking this post, its adorable! loving the handbag :) be sure to check out my blog

    victoria, http://the-dazed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm a shortbread addict. I'll definitely be trying this recipe! Your boyfriend is too cute. : )

    - Catherine at Littlehouse of Style
    http://littlehouseofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg love your eye makeup!

    ReplyDelete