Black Lace | Suolasarvet

Due to the excessive eradicating I inflicted upon my closet I am now left scrabbling - but I found this year-and-a-half old lace bodysuit from the box-which-contains-clothes-rarely-worn-but-still-kept-for-some-reason. I've decided I now love it again! The reason why I haven't gone on any shopping sprees is because I have been saving for a Macbook for months now, and I finally got the chance to purchase one last night - so I'm thrilled and very excited for it to arrive. I've been saying for nearly two and a half years that I will save and get myself one, and I finally pulled myself together (or grew up enough, haha) to put an end to that raving. Now, more saving until I decided to spree - which should be around my twentieth birthday in May, as a nice present to myself. 2011 for me is all about being more serious and exercising restraint financially, as well as other areas of my life - and I'm managing pretty well! I hope everyone's year is going nicely so far, too. Can barely believe we have reached February already. Two questions for all who are reading this -

➻ Current infuriation number one - Youtube has changed their embed code, so this means I can't post music anymore without the addition of the video - which is just far too messy. What a shame - if anybody knows how to bypass this block, please do share your knowledge with me.

➻ Current infuriation number two - Blogspot. Seriously considering moving this entire blog over to Tumblr which I far prefer (I deleted my last for various reasons, but have re-started it) - it seems like a ridiculous amount of effort though. Has anyone done this? Experience? Advice?

I used to wear my eye make-up similar to this for so long, I thought it was a good day to revisit my love for panda eyes and diamante. As you may see I was totally inspired by LeNerd. I fully need to commission him to design me a new wardrobe, hmm - maybe that could be the birthday spree? Haha!
You can find this on LB HERE.



More photos and recipe after the break! 











In my household, we've dubbed these the 'Finnish croissants' - except I fully believe they're way better than croissants, they just share the shape. Dense, rich and filling - and totally delicious. They are best eaten after baking while hot, so you can freeze the extras and bake them just before serving.

SUOLASARVET (Salt Horns)
  • 1 package dry yeast (7g)
  • 1/2 cup of warm water
  • 1 cup heavy cream of milk
  • 2 tbsp butter (1/3 cup of butter if you are using milk)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup soft butter (for spreading)
  • Egg white for glazing and coarse salt
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a bowl. Heat the cream or milk to boiling and add the butter. Remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm, then add to the yeast mixture. Stir in the 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of flour, adding the remaining flour gradually, beating to keep the mixture smooth. Add enough of the flour to make a stiff dough. Let rest for 15 minutes, then turn onto a floured board and knead until smooth. Put into a lightly greased bowl, turn to grease the top, cover, and let rise for 1-2 hours or until doubled.
Turn the risen dough out onto a board and roll out into a 16" circle. Spread the dough with the soft butter and cut into 8 equal wedges. Roll each wedge up, starting with the wide end, and shape into a crescent. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with the coarse salt. Let rise for 30 minutes, then bake at 185 C for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Nams!

35 comments

  1. lovely outfit, you look gorgeous! your hair is incredible - is it that long or are you wearing extensions? and is it possible if you could do a tutorial on how to do a plait like that!

    Vintage Stop at www.vickileestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful dear and your hair is amazing! I really love these pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the Youtube embed code:

    I'm not very good at explaining things so I made a screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/35hny0w/7

    I hope I could help a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so misterious, beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your style is beautifully unique. And your hair is wonderful! :) Great post!

    Eva :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit, I love the eye makeup. I'm so glad you resurrected your tumblr, I really enjoyed your last one! I reckon you could definitely use it as a blog - you could make it a bit more split up than one block blog post. Which could be really cool, depending on what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this outfit and your hair!

    I had no idea youtube have changed something! I have still posted music like I've always done: grabbing the html-code and changing the mesurments to "width 500 px" and "height 26 px". Or when did they change it? At least it worked for me couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just as well that lace bodysuit survived the cull because it looks perfect on you. I like it when I find clothes that I thought I'd thrown out hiding safely in the back of my cupboard. The 'salt horns' sound delicious - I've got to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this!!! lenerd inspired hehe
    love the gif as well
    mwah

    ReplyDelete
  10. your shoes are so awesome x

    intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wuaaah. totally in love with this combination.
    and your make-up is rather cool.

    love from germany,
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suolasarvet, not soulasarvet ;)

    Lovely outfit! <3 you're so beatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is awesome! LOve ur make up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous! I love everything about it!
    Regarding Youtube: shrink the height (in the embed code) to 25, I do that with my blog :)
    Regarding Blogspot: I think it would be really difficult to move blogs if there's problems with the html or something, ask google :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit and your make up! You look so cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your hair!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is the kind of looks that make me love you and THINK CORRECTLY of you as an icon/muse to me.

    adore you

    ReplyDelete
  18. For blogs with an actual content instead of just pictures with a little bit of text, I prefer blogspot. Tumblr is easy to manage, true, but I believe it has less options and room for creativity regarding layout etc than blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh you are the most beautiful girl in the world, in my opinion. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suas receitas dão vontade de pular e pegar as fotos parecem deliciosas.E você está linda, e se servir de incentivo não apague o blogger acho que o passado se esquece primeiro em nós mesmos:}.Mas caso queira excluir o tumblr parece uma boa opção.:}Beijos uma ótima manhã.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha I was gonna make a nice comment about your outfit but now I only want to talk about the croissants that look SOOOO delicious. I think I'm gonna try it on sunday morning.
    Anyway, great outfit :D
    I'll tell ya "great recipe" on sunday haha. take care!X

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just LOVE your style Tahti, is so darkness and fair-tales :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing in that dress!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. As always, love the outfit, hair & Make-up!

    I just recently moved everything over to tumblr too. There's a link I used that allowed me to transfer all my old posts as well, if you'd like I can e-mail it to you. I'm happier there, now I have the hang of it, I'm having fun with the re-blogging etc. If you have any questions send me a note :) SamanthaNandez[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, thats the most gorgeous gothic look Ive seen for a long time! You pull it off perfectly, it looks great with your skinny figure and the superlong braid! Really amazing!
    Congrats to your fulfilled dream of a Macbook :) Its hard to not spend money on clothing but its totally satisfying when you can finally afford what you saved money for in the end, it was the same with my DSLR so I can relate to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love everything about this look. Very lovely.

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. for the youtube embed code, look for "height" and put it at 25 instead of 380. that way it'll just be the play button et al. bar! hope it works!

    please continue blogging! it's so rare to find bloggers that actually take the time to write proper posts that aren't just images! i'm now following just for that reason

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love!!!

    www.thesinuouselegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear you look so beautiful and her hair is amazing! I love these photos xx

    thomson holidays late deals discount code

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love your gifs!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your boots!

    please visit&follow my newblog:
    http://burstintocreation.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete