Hiatus

I was sent a tunic/t-shirt from Rouge et Noir. It's fantastic, gorgeous and I adore it, so a huge thank you to the lovely Carla! This is probably the last image/s I will be posting for a while - I think it's time to take a semi-hiatus from blogging and the internet. I'm going to be traveling this summer, and just living life in general. I won't disappear completely, but a dip in online activity is to be expected. You can find this on Lookbook HERE.



It was my sister's birthday on Sunday - she has exams at the moment, so she's not celebrating it until next weekend, when I get to make a really fun cake! But I made her special pancakes for her breakfast. We didn't have any maple syrup so I improvised and made a light caramel sauce - using milk instead of cream.

Gluten-free Blueberry Pancakes
  • 200g tritamyl flour
  • 300ml milk
  • 50g butter
  • 170g blueberries
  • 1 egg

Sift the flour into a large bowl. Melt the butter, mix it in with the egg and milk, combining until smooth. Stir in the blueberries gently. Ladle out into a hot pan greased with butter, and cook on either side until set. Keep the cooked pancakes warm in the oven, or cover with a paper towel. Once cooked, accessorize with more fresh fruit - I used more blueberries and strawberries. Pour maple syrup - or the recipe for caramel sauce, below - liberally over the pancakes. Enjoy!

Light Caramel Sauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup milk
Melt the sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. When carmelized, whisk in the butter. Take off the heat and wait for five seconds, then pour in the milk and whisk until smooth. Leave cool slightly and pour over hot pancakes.

38 comments

  1. amazing pictures and look!
    x amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, you always make such craving inducing food!
    Have fun on your break (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaw, thanks for such a lovely recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab shredded tee dvrling and those pancakes look super yum!

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks so yummy!!!!!!!
    I love that outfit, your look is so unique and inspiring!

    http://danielle-flora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have fun with your summer adventures. You look beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love yer style really. ur good at telling a story about yer outfit. like a savaged heroine. grungy but clean .. i love this

    ReplyDelete
  8. your shoes and your necklace make me crazy i love cross

    hey u and people that love dark fashion look this blog
    http://juanserkate.blogspot.com/
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ur taste.. and I adore your hair and your skin pale..


    The pancake looks delicious, I will try it, but I'll change the butter and milk.. I'm a Vegan :) thanks for the recipes

    Visit my new blog at http://ladymitroz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool!! great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit in these photos. It fits you very well

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey you got to take a photo this time! looks nummy! your posts will be missed :)

    http://itsaboutsarah.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an outfit! Ihana asu!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking fab, I'll miss your blog while you're out having adventures! I'm sure you'll collect plenty of good stories, pictures, and recipes while you're enjoying life :~)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this outfit <3

    black <3

    http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's too bad you are taking a break, as I just discovered your blog and really enjoy it, but I know that an internet break can feel so great! I do hope you return.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW I love the colour of you hair! This look is amazing - loving the layering and your necklaces
    http://bubbbbbbaf.blogspot.com
    follow me?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair and those blueberry pancakes look so beautiful!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. the shoes *.*
    http://thats-a-matter-of-opinion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. it seems the see through clothes are a trend this summer, still has got your own originality to the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome look and pictures! Lovely blog...

    ReplyDelete
  22. great!!you're amazing!so beautiful and cool style!
    are you an actor or a model?

    ReplyDelete
  23. this outfit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic look!!
    Congratulations!

    http://my-inspirationn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are so beautiful and original! and I have to try your receipt:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful bag! Love this idea :):)

    Have a nice day!
    xoxo
    Irene's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  27. love these pictures! your blog is darling. found you today on bloglovin. stop by and say hello sometime:
    http://www.amateurcouture.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. www.luxe-et-vanites.blogspot.com love the cool mod of your blog...cool selection, and you are beautifull
    (if you like mine, leave a comment & share with friends, or become a follower...)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This outfit is great!
    Eat, Sleep, Denim <3
    www.eatsleepdenim.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow the outfit is amazing! i love the hair colour!!!


    greeting from sweden
    http://spela-digitaltraveler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so envious of your hair! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow the complexion in this outfit is great! Really like it!!!

    ps- and yes, your hair!

    ReplyDelete