FOTD 04.03

Very tiring day Wednesday, involved nine plus hours of travel. Day before that had five hours of travel, and tomorrow have another five plus hours... I officially want to do nothing all weekend but lie on the sofa and channel surf, with not a car, bus or road in sight! On the up-side, I get to go for the second time this week to get my favourite meal (soy chai latte and mega-box of sushi) so I feel happy about that. The last box I got on Tuesday was just beautiful, I got 3 each of my favourite kind - crispy salmon rolls and butterfish nigiri, along with other random bits, all with healthy additions of pickled ginger - every mouthful was like a meal in itself, it was so lovely. I ADORE butterfish, I need to find a fisherman friend who can provide me with this beautiful fish weekly. I'm in withdrawal already!
I went to a birthday party today, which involved lots of nice food - including some amazing concoction called a pizza pie, which is just ridiculously indulgent but so good. It's going to be a complete death to my digestive system with my allergies, but it was totally worth it. I'm just the worst at staying away from foods I'm allergic to - I do pay for it heavily pain-wise, and sometimes my skin breaks out - but I just can't see a life where I forbid myself from eating double cream, cheese, pulla and bagels forever. I should really never eat them, and I break my 'once-in-a-while' rule far too often, but...

I've stopped wearing a lot of base recently, for some reason it doesn't seem to want to 'work' on my skin lately! Strange. I think it might be because I have to mix my foundation, and one of the two has just stopped liking the other. It's good preparation for summer months anyway. This is still pretty much the make-up I would/will wear everyday - it's so quick to do, and it goes with nearly every outfit! I wish my eyelashes would hold a curl, it's pretty much impossible to make it stay, regardless of how I heat the eyelash curlers, or how long I hold them for. It's the same with my actual hair too - it was even curled at the hairdressers once, but it fell completely straight in about ten minutes or less. It must be the Finn in me D:
I had dark under-eye circles of ridiculous proportions today, I was quite scared when I saw them in the mirror! I have epic amounts on concealer on therefore. I've actually found something that works for covering them though - I mixed Touche Eclat with a white concealer by Illamasqua, and then patted on a bit of my foundation lightly over them. It doesn't look cakey either, which is good.

MAC for everything unless specified. On my brows is Fling brow pencil, Handwritten eyeshadow, and Dipdown fluidline. Skin in a mix of Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 105, with Studio Fix in NC15, and Illamasqua Concealer in 105. Coygirl and Strada on cheeks. Lips are just Vaseline. Eyes - Awash, Satin Taupe, and Handwritten E/S, Illamasqua Illuminator in Odyssey, Blacktrack fluidline.

26 comments

  1. I think your lashes are fine!
    I must say that this is a nice quick look. I always wear copper colors and fill in my brows aswell. i stopped wearing mascasa someone told me it makes your eye lashes fall out..i was petrified!! Hope that itn't true haha.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching you're blog for a while, and today I finally must say - you are SO beautiful! Couldn't help myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your FOTD's...you did a fantastic job with the undereye circles, if you hadn't mentioned it we wouldn't tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your makeup!

    p.s.- I'm also diggin' your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eep! You're so pretty, love the make-up!

    Petroleum causes skin not to make it's own moisture so be careful with Vaseline (or any other products with petroleum jelly in it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful make up Tahti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want your face, you are one of the prettiest girls i have ever seen.

    damn!


    Nora from
    Nudeandnerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome make up as usual!!
    :)

    xoxo

    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com
    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com
    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice makeup :) and well it's good to stay a little time without using foundation if it doesn't work properly... maybe then will work as usual :)

    sorry for my bad english..
    hope you'll be able to rest this weekend, travelling a lot might be very very tiring :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. perfrct make up!! you are soo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love ur makeup!! so match ur hair color! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty make up. Love the eyes. Do you use eyebrow pencil? I'm trying to find an auburn coloured one that matches my attempt to look like a natural redhead - could you recommend any?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love love your cheeks
    you're like a candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are incredibly beautiful! I also love what you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautiful!!

    www.whatdialike.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so ladylike!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice neutral classic eyes!

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  19. you've got mad makeup skills
    http://travinia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I actually like the fact that your eyelashes are straight - curly lashes can look so fake sometimes. I was wondering, because you're so fair-skinned, do you get a lot of freckles in summer?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have the most perfect eyebrows i have ever seen in my whole life! Please can you show us how you do them or what do you to take care of them?

    ReplyDelete