A Multitude of Good Things

Here are some more recipes! One day I'll remember to take pictures while baking so you can have a visual step-by-step.

APPLE BAKE (sugar & gluten free)
4 green apples (Granny Smith)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 cup of butter


Line a small baking pan with tinfoil. Core, peel and slice the apples thinly. Melt the butter, and toss the apples and the spices in it, and transfer to the pan.
Fiddle around with the temperatures to get the kind of apples you want - I bake them at 180 celcius, because I like them to get crispy and chewy, but if you want them softer, bake at a lower temperature, like 140 celcius. Take them out of the oven when they're browned slightly. These are lovely with loads of toppings, I like custard and/or cream the best!

OATMEAL BISCUITS
3 cups of oats
1 cup of dark brown sugar (white is okay too, though)
3/4 cup of self raising flour (if unavailable, use 1/2 tsp of baking soda)
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cardamom pods, crushed
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup of butter


This recipe is not gluten free due to the oats, but is suitable for people with sensitivity to wheat - replace the normal flour with tritamyl, rice or spelt.
Place the butter, vanilla, egg, spices and sugar in a pan, and melt until the butter has just dissolved. Cut the butter into small cubes before you start melting, this helps is melt quicker, and not burn the sugar. Transfer the mixture into a larger bowl, and mix in the flour first, then the oats. Get a baking tray, line it with greaseproof paper (or just grease & flour it) and shape the biscuits with your hands onto the tray. I usually make them about the size of my palm, which makes 6 or so cookies from this recipe - but downsize or upsize them to your wishes! Bake in the oven at 180 celcius for about 15 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
Let them cool before attempting to peel them off the paper - melting the butter causes them to be far crispier than chewy. If you want them chewy, don't melt the butter, just cream it with the ingredients. Good served warm with a cold glass of soy milk!

I used to wonder what 'oatmeal' was - I had a vague idea, but I know oatmeal as 'porridge' and oats are 'porridge oats'. God bless the Americans for changing English and confusing me, and helping me confuse people - I spent some of my childhood in America, and so I have a vocabulary that's enriched with some American instead of European-English terms - i.e., sidewalk instead of pavement, trunk instead of boot, trashcan instead of bin, vacuum cleaner instead of hoover, et cetera. One that has haunted me all my life is the pronunciation of 'garage' - I say gar-ahhje, people here say gar-ajj. It doesn't seem to make a difference that the word garage has French origins, and I'm fairly sure the French would use my pronunciation - my/the American version still bears the brunt of much laughter.

I'm sure everyone who's seen The Breakfast Club will know Wang Chung from Fire in the Twilight (what a great song) but they have some other great tracks too - beware, all non-fans of the 80's, the following track is pretty much a delicious epitome of it! I just love corny eighties songs so much - they're really good to clean to, actually. Warning ; you may find that while cleaning you start grooving and singing with the broom/vacuum/mop, much to the amusement of whoever discovers you. I've added some more below to get you started - my favourite is INXS!

Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight


Flock of Seagulls - I Ran


Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf


INXS - Need You Tonight


I don't know why I'm looking down in these two photos, usually I have my eyes open... I suppose the sun was pretty bright, lately it's been that blinding winter sun, resolutely glaring amidst the rain, wind and cold. I adore worn down, dirty walls - in the words of Mugatu, it's not derelict - it's derelicte!
I was playing with layering of sheer fabrics here, in my favourite over-used colour of course. I loved the effect! I like purple lipsticks - the one I'm wearing here is MAC's Lavender Whip. A good tip for wearing light coloured lipsticks like this, that aren't just nude - line and fill in your lips with a white pencil. It really helps the colour stay true and pop!
For people who ask about my clothes - I have them all labelled on LB. If you can't find something on the site/in store, it's probably because I bought it a few seasons ago and is therefore sold out. Find this on Lookbook by clicking HERE.



47 comments

  1. Beautiful photos and I love your outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. original and always different! love your outfits :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love skirt, strip of pale skin and stockings,all together it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you've put this outfit together works so well. You've got a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wauw love the look!
    your faboulos!
    xoxo amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Very original :)

    Much admiration from India! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely ! your hair is better like that !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pale skin goes soooooooo well with those lipsticks of unusual colours!
    And those structured clothes look very fantastic and surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! I love sheer fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely! And thanks for the recipes! Ever sinse I have been away from home attending University in Paris, I have had a hard time cooking. I miss my mother's cooking, but I will try your recipes, so I don;t waste away! LOL

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful outfit! You put clothes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best songs you could have ever posted (:
    You're gorgeous, btw.


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovelovelove.
    I love the skirt the mostest. :)
    Camilla

    RAINBOWPAVINGSTONES.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. love ur style again,,
    ;)

    xoxo

    www.greatmariska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you use an expensive cameras for you shots?

    ReplyDelete
  16. great great photos ond loove this outfit!!

    p.s. great blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No Joke Lavender Whip is My favorite Light colored lipstick...bummer they stopped selling it:( I usually use concealer under it but I am gonna try the white eyeliner out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i wore tights/stockings like yours today :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read on lookbook that you made the tights. How did you do it?

    ~Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful look! I like everything in this outift, but the belt is someting perfect... love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your DIY tights
    and yes yes yes we want pics with your receipes
    (i'm totally found of your gingerbread, since I know doing it tahnks to U) :)
    Iracema

    ReplyDelete
  22. This outfit is a beaut, good choice! Apple bake sounds delicious...

    iliketweet.blogspot

    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! I've discovered your blog and i love it! You're amazing! So i add you in my blogosphére! See you soon!
    ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm too french!!lol!
    La Lilloise.

    http://leblogdelalilloise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the graphic shapes in your outfit! The stockings are just wonderful - they make the outfit remind me of fairytales and knights!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey :) great outfit! Nice images too, you should really be a model (are you?..lol).
    Thanks for the apple bake idea ;) il have to give it a try.

    danielle-timcke.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just found your blog and I'm loving it :)
    I'm from Brazil :)

    xx

    http://www.btoshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great recipes ! ;D
    And these garters are fantastic... !

    ReplyDelete
  28. i dont think youve over used the colour at all! i think this is my favourite look of yours. great tip bout the lipstick by the way.
    ive only recently started blogging and i was wondering if you could tell me how you get the music clips up on your blog?
    also, id love it if you dropped by and checked out my blog (:

    beeble x

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow, you are stunning. terrific blog! love this look, so striking (especially the belt, i'm on the hunt for the perfect vintage belt).

    x jessy

    ReplyDelete
  30. the recipes look amazing,
    i love inxs,
    and you are gorgeous/ your tights amaze me.




    X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like a yummy recipe and your outfit is:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow!!! Love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice pictures, you are so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  34. hey :) i've just discovered your blog and love it! i'm going to follow you...

    I'm a fashion illustrator from Detroit. I hope you'll check out my work on my blog and follow me as well!

    xxnicole

    www.nicolejarecz.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. we absolutely love your style

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice photo's and I like your outfits, but to this day I still don't understand why people from the UK care so much about the "changed" words in American English; no one cares over here. I've seen it mentioned on your blog before with "color" and "colour". I've noticed how you guys complain about that and not complain about changed words in Australian English, or Canadian English. But it's not really surprising since we know Europeans in general hold a low opinion of us anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So sexy cutie ;* Luv ur stockings and all ur pix ~~kiss~~ Danne

    ReplyDelete
  38. SO BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE!!your look is amazing!i'm il love!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi from Spain!
    LOVE these amazing tights and your orange head! ;D
    ..<3 this outfit

    Kiss *

    ReplyDelete